No membership fees are required during this trial period, but UK faculty, staff and students wishing to try out the facility's fitness equipment and other amenities must present their active UK ID.
“We just want to give UK employees and students the opportunity to visit the new Alumni Gym, to try out the facility and amenities for free. We hope that they will enjoy the atmosphere and services, along with the convenience, and consider purchasing a membership,” said Lindsey Woods, membership and marketing director for Campus Recreation and Wellness.
- free weight area;
- cardio equipment;
- functional training space;
- group fitness classes;
- cycling classes;
- personal training;
- shower facilities with towel service;
- equipment check out;
- TV functionality on cardio equipment;
- Bluetooth wireless capability on cardio equipment; and
- mammoth two-story windows in the 30,000-square foot fitness facility.
Memberships will be required starting Aug. 1, 2018. While most students will pay for their membership through their tuition fees, employees must purchase a membership in the Johnson Center or Alumni Gym offices (7 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday).
The payment options for UK employees are:
- Faculty/staff payroll deduction: $17 per month deducted from an employee’s paycheck with a three-month minimum.
- Faculty/staff pay upfront: $20 per month paid by cash, check or card with a three-month minimum.
Membership is paid through the recreation fee paid by students enrolled in at least one on-campus class.
Alumni Gym summer hours are 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Hours during the school year will be 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturdays, and 11 a.m. to midnight Sundays.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue