LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 20, 2023) — Thanksgiving Break is just around the corner, and University of Kentucky Transportation Services wants to remind students, staff and faculty that during the break there will be parking and campus bus service changes. Upcoming official university holidays are Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24.
Campus bus service changes
- The Blue and White Routes will operate on a modified schedule on Wednesday, Nov. 22, ending at 6 p.m. rather than midnight. The campus Green Route will also end at 6 p.m.
- The Orange Route (UK HealthCare) will operate on its regular schedule on Wednesday, Nov. 22, from 5 a.m. to midnight.
- The weekend Yellow Route will have extended hours on Sunday, Nov. 26, from 9 a.m. to midnight. These extended hours are to accommodate students who are returning from break.
- UK’s late-night On Demand Shuttle will be available Wednesday, Nov. 22, from midnight until 5 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 23. The shuttle will not be available Thursday or Friday evenings.
- Campus bus service will not be available Thursday, Nov. 23, through Saturday, Nov. 25. Regular bus service will resume on Monday, Nov. 27.
Parking control changes
Campus parking lots will not be controlled for parking permits on Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24. However, all other parking regulations will be enforced (ADA spaces, yellow lines, fire lanes, etc.).
Normal parking permit enforcement will resume on Sunday, Nov. 26.
UK Transportation Services’ office hours
UK Transportation Services’ Customer Service Center will be closed on official university holidays, Thursday, Nov. 23, through Friday, Nov. 24. Regular office hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. will resume the following Monday.
If you have questions or need more information about Thanksgiving Break changes as it relates to parking and transportation, please email Transportation Services or call the customer service center at 859-257-5757.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.