LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 24, 2017) — The Office of LGBTQ* Resources, in partnership with Feast On Equality, will be hosting the second Feast on Equality dinner benefiting the University of Kentucky Office of LGBTQ* Resources.
Feast On Equality is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that's sole purpose is to raise funds for at-risk LGBT youth by hosting signature fundraising events to engage the community and create awareness surrounding the issues that our LGBT youth face.
Feast on Equality will be held 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, at The Carrick House in Lexington. The evening will consist of a cocktail hour, a three-course meal and an engaging program to learn more about the work that is taking place on UK's campus to improve the lives of LGBTQ* students. Last year, the event raised more than $37,000.
To purchase tickets, visit the event page. All proceeds from ticket purchases will directly benefit the Office of LGBTQ* Resources in various efforts including:
- Expanding scholarship opportunities to LGBTQ* students who would not otherwise be able to meet the financial demands of higher education.
- Augmenting regular programming that includes an October LGBTQ* History Month speaker, November Transgender Week of Awareness activities and Spring UK Pride Week activities.
- Supporting a statewide conference for LGBT student leaders and introducing them to resources and support that will make a difference at college campuses across Kentucky for years to come.
- Launching an annual study abroad program that specifically focuses on LGBTQ* experiences and providing substantial scholarship funds to offset the cost of attendance for the first student participants.
- Hiring a graduate assistant to provide additional hands-on support for our five LGBTQ* focused student groups, allowing their membership to grow and flourish with additional structured support and advising.
- Promote specific faculty development that continues to increase LGBTQ* related conversations in our classrooms.
Event sponsors include:
- Presenting Sponsors: UK HealthCare; UK College of Medicine; UK College of Nursing; and UK College Pharmacy
- Gold Sponsors: Anonymous; Brown-Forman; and Kentucky Eagle Inc.
- Silver Sponsors: The Carrick House; PNC Bank;IDENTity Dental Studios; and UK College of Fine Arts
- Bronze Sponsors: Tommy Arnold; Bluegrass Black Pride LLC; Carson's Food and Drink; GE; Humana; Park Equine Hospital; QX.net; Simply Piano; Soundbar; UK Alumni Association; UK College of Agriculture, Food and Environment; UK College of Design; UK College of Education; UK College of Social Work; UK Gatton College of Business and Economics; UK Lewis Honors College; UK Office for Institutional Diversity; Verble Worth & Verble; and Windstream
For additional information or questions, contact email@example.com.