LEXINGTON, Ky. (July 6, 2022) — The mission of the University of Kentucky Alumni Association is to engage, connect, serve and celebrate alumni and friends of the university.
With that mission in mind, the clubs of the UK Alumni Association serve a critical role by bringing together alumni in their local communities to demonstrate their love and support for their alma mater through a variety of events and activities throughout the year.
Some of these events include game watch parties, group outings, social and professional networking events, service projects, book awards, scholarship fundraising, student send-offs and more.
The UK Alumni Association recognized many of its clubs at the Alumni Service Awards and Club Awards dinner during the association’s annual Summer Workshop on Friday, June 17, held this year at the Lexington Marriott City Center.
Awards were given to in-state and out-of-state alumni clubs in the following six categories — Alumni Engagement, Scholarships, Service, Student Recruitment, New and Creative Programming and Most Improved — and determined by the Past Presidents’ Advisory Council.
The following clubs were recognized during the dinner for outstanding contributions in one or more categories:
- Greater Ashland: Student Recruitment
- Big Sandy: Student Recruitment, Service
- Christian County: Scholarships
- Clark County: Scholarships
- Cumberland Valley East: Scholarships, Student Recruitment, Services, Most Improved
- Daviess County: Student Recruitment
- Fayette County: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Service, New and Creative Programming
- Fulton County: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment
- Hardin County: Service
- Hopkins County: Scholarships
- Greater Louisville: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment, Services, New and Creative Programming
- McCracken County: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Service
- Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment, New and Creative Programming
- Greater Atlanta: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment
- Greater Birmingham: Student Recruitment, Service
- Central Texas: Alumni Engagement
- Central Virginia: Service
- Chattanooga: Scholarships, Student Recruitment, Service
- Chicagoland: Scholarships, Student Recruitment, Service
- Dallas-Fort Worth: Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment
- Greater Dayton: Student Recruitment, Service
- Greater Houston: Scholarships, Service
- Kansas City: Scholarships
- Knoxville: Alumni Engagement, Service
- Greater Nashville: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment, Service
- Nation’s Capital: Service
- New York City: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Service, New and Creative Programming, Most Improved
- Northeast Ohio: Student Recruitment
- Northern Alabama: Alumni Engagement
- Northwest Ohio: Scholarships
- Pacific Northwest: Scholarships, Student Recruitment
- San Diego: Scholarships, New and Creative Programming
- Sarasota-Suncoast: Alumni Engagement, Service
- Tampa Bay: Scholarship, Alumni Engagement
- Triangle Area NC: Scholarships
- Upstate SC: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment, Service
For more information about UK Alumni Clubs, visit www.ukalumni.net/clubs.
The UK Alumni Association is committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 800-269-2586.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.