LEXINGTON, Ky. (July 6, 2022) — The mission of the University of Kentucky Alumni Association is to engage, connect, serve and celebrate alumni and friends of the university.
With that mission in mind, the clubs of the UK Alumni Association serve a critical role by bringing together alumni in their local communities to demonstrate their love and support for their alma mater through a variety of events and activities throughout the year.
Some of these events include game watch parties, group outings, social and professional networking events, service projects, book awards, scholarship fundraising, student send-offs and more.
The UK Alumni Association recognized many of its clubs at the Alumni Service Awards and Club Awards dinner during the association’s annual Summer Workshop on Friday, June 17, held this year at the Lexington Marriott City Center.
Awards were given to in-state and out-of-state alumni clubs in the following six categories — Alumni Engagement, Scholarships, Service, Student Recruitment, New and Creative Programming and Most Improved — and determined by the Past Presidents’ Advisory Council.
The following clubs were recognized during the dinner for outstanding contributions in one or more categories:
- Greater Ashland: Student Recruitment
- Big Sandy: Student Recruitment, Service
- Christian County: Scholarships
- Clark County: Scholarships
- Cumberland Valley East: Scholarships, Student Recruitment, Services, Most Improved
- Daviess County: Student Recruitment
- Fayette County: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Service, New and Creative Programming
- Fulton County: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment
- Hardin County: Service
- Hopkins County: Scholarships
- Greater Louisville: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment, Services, New and Creative Programming
- McCracken County: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Service
- Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment, New and Creative Programming
- Greater Atlanta: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment
- Greater Birmingham: Student Recruitment, Service
- Central Texas: Alumni Engagement
- Central Virginia: Service
- Chattanooga: Scholarships, Student Recruitment, Service
- Chicagoland: Scholarships, Student Recruitment, Service
- Dallas-Fort Worth: Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment
- Greater Dayton: Student Recruitment, Service
- Greater Houston: Scholarships, Service
- Kansas City: Scholarships
- Knoxville: Alumni Engagement, Service
- Greater Nashville: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment, Service
- Nation’s Capital: Service
- New York City: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Service, New and Creative Programming, Most Improved
- Northeast Ohio: Student Recruitment
- Northern Alabama: Alumni Engagement
- Northwest Ohio: Scholarships
- Pacific Northwest: Scholarships, Student Recruitment
- San Diego: Scholarships, New and Creative Programming
- Sarasota-Suncoast: Alumni Engagement, Service
- Tampa Bay: Scholarship, Alumni Engagement
- Triangle Area NC: Scholarships
- Upstate SC: Scholarships, Alumni Engagement, Student Recruitment, Service
For more information about UK Alumni Clubs, visit www.ukalumni.net/clubs.
The UK Alumni Association is committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 800-269-2586.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.