LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 25, 2017) – Cooler temperatures may not have arrived yet, but flu season is here a little early this year. Influenza is a contagious disease that spreads around the United States every year primarily between the months of October and May. University Health Service will provide several opportunities for students and campus employees to receive the flu vaccine to help protect themselves from flu.
Students can receive the vaccination for $10 when they show their student ID card. Campus employees can receive the vaccination for $20 with their employee ID card. Clinics for students and campus employees will be provided on the dates and at the locations listed below.
- Oct. 3 at UHS First Floor Lobby, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Oct. 11 at W.T. Young Library Gallery Room, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Oct. 17 at UHS First Floor Lobby, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Oct. 25 at Johnson Center Lobby, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Oct. 26 at W.T. Young Library Gallery Room, 4 to 8 p.m.
Students and campus employees can visit the University Health Service website to find a schedule of flu clinics. Accepted payment methods include PLUS Account, credit card, cash or check.
Payment methods are subject to change, follow University Health Service on twitter @UHSPAWS for updates.