Voting Open for UK Staff Senate and UK Women’s Forum
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 17, 2023) — Elections for University of Kentucky Staff Senate and the UK Women’s Forum membership are open now. Vote online today through 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, May 30, 2023.
Voting details and eligibility
- Candidates for Staff Senate are running for three-year terms beginning July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2026. Voting for Staff Senate is open to all UK staff who are in a regular position with a 0.50 time equivalent or greater.
- The Staff Senate is divided into four sectors — President, Provost, Executive Vice President for Health Affairs and Executive Vice President of Finance and Administration — which are determined by the university’s organizational chart.
- You can only vote for candidates in your sector. You will see your specific ballot once you login to vote.
- Candidates for the Women’s Forum are running for two-year terms beginning June 26, 2023. Voting for Women’s Forum is open to all regular staff and faculty who are 0.75 equivalent or greater. University faculty and staff interested in becoming a general member of the UK Women’s Forum can access membership information online.
- Eligible employees can vote in elections online here. Voters will be prompted to login using their linkblue ID and password and then directed to the appropriate voting site and ballot(s).
For more information about the Staff Senate, contact Sarah Steen at email@example.com or Staff Senate Chair Olivia Ellis at Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the Women’s Forum election, contact Candace Bramley-Hardesty at email@example.com.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $501 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.