LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 19, 2016) — The University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union and JMI Sports announced today that UK Federal Credit Union will remain the official credit union of the University of Kentucky, continuing its nearly 80-year partnership with the University of Kentucky. Under the new 15-year agreement, the UK Federal Credit Union will provide students, faculty and staff with a wide range of financial products and services, as well as continuing financial education programs and outreach. JMI Sports is the campus marketing rights partner for the University of Kentucky.
Highlights of the agreement include:
· A continued on-campus presence in the new University of Kentucky Student Center (scheduled to open in January 2018) with a full service branch to offer complete banking and financial education services.
· Two ATMs throughout the University of Kentucky’s main campus.
· Access to all UKFCU deposit and loan products and services with complete online, mobile and ATM access to include mobile deposit, free bill pay and free checking.
· Complete online financial literacy and education tools where faculty, staff and students can learn more about personal financial management, budgeting, home ownership and investing.
· Scholarconnect, a continuing monthly scholarship program for university students.
· Ongoing financial education seminars and programs on a wide variety of topics to prepare faculty, staff and students for life’s financial challenges.
· Access to UKFCU’s CreditSMART loan to help establish the credit needed for a smart financial future.
“We are excited about this partnership with the University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union,” said Eric N. Monday, UK’s executive vice president for finance and administration. “We have confidence that this expanded relationship — coordinated through our multi-media partner JMI Sports — will provide our students and the campus community with enhanced financial services and educational support.”
“We are excited to remain as the Official Credit Union of the University of Kentucky,” said David Kennedy, University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union’s president and CEO. “Since our founding by UK employees in 1937, we have continuously partnered with the university to provide the faculty, staff, students and alumni, with the financial tools and education to last throughout their lifetimes. As a not-for-profit cooperative, owned by our members, we are very proud of the value we deliver. We don’t pay returns to stockholders. Instead, those returns are given back to our members in the form of deposit rates that are regularly two to three times higher than most banks, as well as ultra-competitive consumer and commercial loan rates. It really is banking … only better!”
The University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in Kentucky with over $670 million in assets and over 65,000 members. With a focus on financial education and exceptional financial value, UK Federal Credit Union offers a wide range of consumer and commercial products and services to serve their member’s needs. With six branch locations as well as online and mobile banking, the UK Federal Credit Union offers convenient ways to service all your financial needs. For more information about the University of Kentucky Federal Credit Union, visit www.ukfcu.org.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue
MEDIA CONTACT: Greg Baker, 859-264-4213, firstname.lastname@example.org