LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 12, 2020) — The University of Kentucky Office for Institutional Diversity and the Office for Faculty Advancement are now accepting nominations for the UK Inclusive Excellence Recognition Award. The award will recognize the accomplishments of individuals and academic or professional units that demonstrate a sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion through campus and community involvement and exemplary leadership.
Nominations should be based on exemplary demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Builds awareness, understanding and relationships in the name of diversity and inclusion.
- Creates leadership opportunities, teams, organizations and support systems that promote a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Sponsors or actively promotes programs, initiatives or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborates with others in the sponsorship, development and implementation of innovative projects and/or programs.
- Acknowledges and rewards exemplary individual and team behaviors that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Secures funding to promote and sustain programs in response to challenges that can affect the fostering of a diverse and inclusive cultural climate.
Up to four awards will be granted each year in four categories: student (undergraduate and graduate), faculty, staff, and academic or professional units.
The deadline to submit nomination packets and recommendations is 5 p.m. Friday, March 6, 2020.
Inclusive Excellence Recognition Award recipients will be honored at a formal ceremony and receive their awards at the faculty awards ceremony scheduled for 1 p.m. Thursday, April 23, in Gatton Student Center Grand Ballroom A.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.