LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 5, 2019) — The University of Kentucky Office for Institutional Diversity and the Office for Faculty Advancement are now accepting nominations for the UK Inclusive Excellence Recognition Award. The award will recognize the accomplishments of individuals and academic or professional units that demonstrate a sustained commitment to diversity and inclusion through campus and community involvement and exemplary leadership.
Nominations should be based on exemplary demonstrated leadership in one or more of the following areas:
- Builds awareness, understanding and relationships in the name of diversity and inclusion.
- Creates leadership opportunities, teams, organizations and support systems that promote a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Sponsors or actively promotes programs, initiatives or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborates with others in the sponsorship, development and implementation of innovative projects and/or programs.
- Acknowledges and rewards exemplary individual and team behaviors that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Secures funding to promote and sustain programs in response to challenges that can affect the fostering of a diverse and inclusive cultural climate.
Up to four awards will be granted each year in four categories: student (undergraduate and graduate), faculty, staff, and academic or professional units.
The deadline to submit nomination packets and recommendations is 5 p.m. Friday, March 8, 2019.
Inclusive Excellence Recognition Award recipients will be honored at a formal ceremony and receive their awards at the faculty awards ceremony scheduled for 1 p.m. Thursday, April 18, in Woodward Hall, Room 307 Gatton College Building.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue