LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 16, 2019) — All University of Kentucky employees are invited to attend UK Appreciation Day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Kroger Field, Gates 4-9. The event is held to express thanks to UK staff and faculty for their hard work and dedication to the university.
Supervisors are encouraged to adjust schedules accordingly without requiring leave to be utilized. UK HealthCare employees should notify their supervisors in advance if they would like to attend, so schedules can be adjusted accordingly to not impact patient care.
All Appreciation Day activities are free and include:
- lunch (pulled chicken sandwiches, nacho bar, chips, cookies, ice cream and drinks);
- T-shirt giveaway (UK ID required);
- Yoga on the Field;
- Clearly You Crystals;
- virtual reality experiences;
- caricature drawings;
- photo booths;
- UK Department and Vendor Exhibit Fair; and
- voting booths for UK Staff Senate and the staff representative to the Board of Trustees elections.
To provide ease of transport to the UK Appreciation Day site, bus service and specifically designated free parking have been secured.
Republic Parking will operate four buses specifically for those attending UK Appreciation Day. The buses will operate from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Two buses will service the southern side of campus and two buses will service the northern portion.
- Stop 1: Scovell Hall (Huguelet Drive at S. Limestone)
- Stop 2: Administration Drive (near Gillis Building)
- Stop 3: UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital (front entrance driveway)
- Stop 4: Rose Street at Columbia Avenue
- Stop 5: Kroger Field, Gate 4 (event location)
- Stop 1: Ag North
- Stop 2: UK Chandler Hospital flagpole
- Stop 3: Kroger Field, Gate 4 (event location)
UK Appreciation Day attendees may utilize the Blue Route and White Route provided by Lextran, as well as the Orange Route provided by Transportation Services. However, these routes will only provide faster access to the stadium area and will not drop off directly to the event.
Campus buses can be tracked in real time using the TransLoc Rider app on iPhone and Android devices or by visiting their website here, allowing users to plan for delays caused by traffic, accidents or inclement weather.
Kroger Field parking lots will be available for free Appreciation Day parking and will not be controlled for permits on Thursday, May 23.
The UK Appreciation Day Commission extends a special expression of thanks to the Office of the President, exhibitors and the following University of Kentucky entities whose support makes UK Appreciation Day possible: UK Athletics; Office of Sustainability; Campus Recreation; Transportation Services; Physical Plant Division; Public Relations and Marketing; UK Dining; University Events; and University Sound and Lights.
UK Appreciation Day is sponsored by the Office of the President, coordinated by the UK Staff Senate and brought to faculty and staff by the UK Appreciation Day Commission. To volunteer during UK Appreciation day, click here. All volunteers will receive a free volunteer T-shirt.
Please see the UK Staff Senate website for more details.