LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 30, 2019) — The UK Alumni Association has announced the selection of 19 outstanding students as the Alumni Ambassadors for the 2019-2020 academic year. The Alumni Ambassadors are the official student hosts of the University of Kentucky. The cumulative group helps promote UK at university and alumni association events and assists in strengthening students’ roles within the university.
This year’s Alumni Ambassadors, with class, hometown and major(s) are:
- Cameron Asher, senior, Manchester, Kentucky, business management;
- Peyton Bartley, senior, Paintsville, Kentucky, English;
- Abbey Bruser, junior, Murfreesboro, Tennessee, marketing;
- Carly Coleman, senior, Columbus, Ohio, psychology/business management;
- Kathryn Comer, junior, Louisville, Kentucky, biology;
- McKaylee Copher, senior, Lexington, agricultural and medical biotechnology;
- Morgan Cornelius, senior, Pineville, Kentucky, family sciences;
- Callie Hicks, senior, Midway, Kentucky, individualized agriculture studies;
- Montre'ale L. Jones, senior, Hopkinsville, Kentucky, architecture;
- Nicholas Joseph, sophomore, Lexington, finance/marketing;
- Saisindhu Marella, senior, Frankfort, Kentucky, biology/neuroscience;
- Caitlyn McFadden, junior, Chicago, Illinois, agricultural education;
- Kennedy Sabharwal, junior, Lexington, biology/broadcast journalism;
- Jack Sheroan, junior, Lexington, integrated strategic communication;
- Brittany Shirley, senior, Lucas, Kentucky, business and organizational communication/ marketing;
- Allison Silvestrini, junior, O’Fallon, Illinois, psychology;
- Kamryn Stewart, junior, Lexington, political science;
- Christopher Ubert, senior, Cleveland, Ohio, chemical engineering;
- Rachel Wagers, sophomore, Lexington, public health.
The mission of the group is to provide an overall campus involvement experience for elite leaders engaged in the university. This program is a partnership with the Office of the President and the UK Alumni Association to showcase the best and the brightest of UK’s students.
These students have demonstrated high achievement in their collegiate careers and dedication to the betterment of the university. Ambassadors are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher and have various backgrounds, cultures and areas of campus involvement. The Alumni Ambassadors are available by request to work university functions and events. Requests must be submitted two to three weeks in advance of the event and approved by UK Alumni Association staff.
For more information on the Alumni Ambassadors and requesting an ambassador for an event, go to www.ukalumni.net/alumniambassadors.
The UK Alumni Association is committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 800-269-2586.