LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 20, 2019) — Nominations are now being accepted for the UK Alumni Association 2020 Great Teacher Award. Each year, the University of Kentucky Alumni Association recognizes six professors for outstanding teaching and honors them at a recognition banquet.
- Hold the rank of full-time lecturer or above and have been a member of the UK faculty for the past three years.
- Have superior knowledge of their subject matter.
- Have original and innovative classroom presentations.
- Demonstrate concern for students, both inside and outside the university setting.
- Not have been a recipient of this award for the past 10 years.
The six recipients of the award are honored at a banquet attended by students, other faculty and past recipients of the award. They are then recognized during a Kentucky men’s basketball game during the spring semester.
Nominations will be accepted until Wednesday, Oct. 16. To download a printed nomination form or fill out an online nomination form, go to www.ukalumni.net/greatteachers.
For questions, contact Sara-Elizabeth Bush at 859-257-8700 or email@example.com.
The Great Teacher Award, started in 1961, is the longest-running University of Kentucky award recognizing teaching. In order to receive the award, educators must first be nominated by a student. The UK Alumni Association Great Teacher Award Committee, in cooperation with the student organization Omicron Delta Kappa, then makes the final selections. Recipients receive an engraved plaque and stipend.
The UK Alumni Association is committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 800-269-2586.