Video Produced by UK Public Relations and Marketing. To view captions for this video, push play and click on the CC icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. If using a mobile device, click on the "thought bubble" in the same area.
Top 10 Things to Do in the Gatton Student Center
- Explore the Living Room of Campus
- Make use of intentional amenities designed around the student experience, including modern furniture equipped with outlets and USB ports for easy access.
- Enjoy indoor and outdoor spaces, complete with fireplaces, where students can study, relax, and socialize.
- Everyone is welcome at the Gatton Student Center. The building’s central mission of inclusion and community is evident everywhere, and highlighted by spaces such as the Social Stairs, Martin Luther King Center, the Office of LGBTQ* Resources, and the Center for Student Involvement.
- Find friendly faces ready to help
- Find your way at an information desk staffed with hospitality experts trained to help answer your questions.
- Navigate the building using one of its many interactive maps.
- Use your Meal Plan at the Dining Facilities
- Build the ultimate feast at Champions Kitchen with their diverse all-you-can-eat selections.
- Choose between the building’s retail dining spaces: Subway, Panda Express, Auntie Anne's Pretzels, and Chick-fil-a. Or, grab a snack at the Wildcat Pantry.
- Catch free movies with Gatton Student Center Cinema
- Catch a fresh blockbuster, take a chance on an independent film, or revisit your favorite classic in the state-of-the-art Worsham Cinema.
- 4K Digital Projection and 60-Speaker Dolby Atmos Surround Sound make Worsham Cinema the most impressive theater in Kentucky.
- Kick back in the Cats Den
- Hangout at the premier recreational space for activities on campus, providing free nightly entertainment to students throughout the week, such as Trivia Night on Mondays, Open Mic Nights on Tuesdays, and Comedy Caravan on Wednesdays.
- In addition to the regularly schedule weekly events, the Cats Den hosts concerts, craft nights, improv comedy classes, food tastings, recreational tournaments, new a.m. programming, and much more.
- Get involved at the Center for Student Involvement
- Seek out an involvement advisor to help you find organizations and groups best suited to your individual interests.
- Many notable groups and organizations call the Gatton Student Center their home, including the Student Government Association, the Student Activities Board, DanceBlue, WRFL, and many more.
- Workout in Alumni Gym Fitness Center
- Achieve your fitness goals with Alumni Gym’s cutting-edge equipment and group exercise programs.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance from on-site student staff, or even consult with Alumni Gym’s personal trainers.
- Remember Alumni Gym is free to students!
- Shop at the UK Bookstore & Café (partnered with Barnes & Noble)
- Stop by the UK Bookstore, a one-stop shop for all of your textbook, spirit wear apparel, Starbucks, and personal needs.
- Restore your Apple device or shop for a completely new model at the Apple Genius Bar upstairs.
- Take advantage of the Gatton Student Center’s resources
- Nicknamed the "freshman starter pack", upgrade your dining plan, manage your Plus Account, and say “Cheese!” for your Wildcard ID.
- Have your financial needs met at the UK Federal Credit Union and PNC bank.
- Stand back and take in the Kentucky pride
- Observe the building’s many details that reflect the university’s status as Kentucky’s land grant institution.
- As you walk down the social staircase, notice the design takes inspiration from the state’s limestone creeks and river beds.
- Listen for the "UK Fight Song" and "My Old Kentucky Home" as you enter the building from Avenue of Champions.
- Appreciate art commissioned for the building by local and alumni artists.
For many, summer is a time to slow down, get a break from school and maybe take a vacation. At the University of Kentucky, summer is when our faculty, staff, clinicians and students prepare for a new school year, conduct research, treat patients and gain experience through internships and service work. Class may not be in session, but at UK we never slow down.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue