Finals are coming up and it just so happens that you’ve been given the perfect tool to help you ace your finals — your iPad. Below are three tips on how you can best utilize your iPad for studying.
Download the right apps
- CamScanner: Take pictures of handwritten notes for clean organized notes to study from.
- Unstuck: This genius app which — through a series of eerily perceptive questions — figures out why you're stuck, helps prioritize your commitments and gives you concrete goals to hit.
- Study Buddy: This app helps make your dedicated study time more effective and efficient with customizable timers and alarms that remind you when it's time to take a break. Also useful: colorful graphs to chart how much time you're spending in the books versus perusing your Instagram feed. The alarms and timers are also key for practice quizzes and exams.
- Rescue Me: Rescue Me can temporarily block all those addicting, time-sucking sites like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat — just until exam time is over.
- InClass: A virtual personal secretary for all your school and studying needs, this app allows you to create to-do lists, organize your class, deadlines, study session schedules and manage your class notes to share with your friends and study partners.
- Booktrack: This app gives your novel a dynamic musical soundtrack that brings out all the feels and makes reading an actual, amped up experience.
- Pocket Points: Earn points for every minute you are not using your phone and then use points as coupons for your favorite stores
Browse "Nearby" on Maps
You can use the Maps app to learn how to navigate your surroundings. The "Nearby" function will help you search by category for in-depth listings for local businesses. For example, "Food" will tell you where the nearest Shake Shack is, and "Coffee" will help you find a nearby coffeehouse, perfect for finding study break locations.
Utilize the App Dock
Using your app dock, you can use multiple apps at the same time. Have Safari and the Notes apps open together and then draw images and text from one to the other using your the Apple Pencil.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.