LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 23, 2021) — The UK Alumni Association invites all University of Kentucky May 2021 graduates to take part in Grad Salute from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily March 29-31, on the third floor of the Bill Gatton Student Center.
Grad Salute is the perfect opportunity for graduates to finalize all their Commencement needs in one stop. Representatives will be on hand to assist students in making final graduation selections. During Grad Salute, graduates will be able to:
- Get measured for and purchase an official custom cap, gown and tassel.
- Verify there are no stops or holds on their graduation records.
- Obtain career advice and discuss employment opportunities.
- Receive information on student loans during exit counseling.
- Order an official University of Kentucky class ring.
- Get a free headshot with a professional photographer.
- Purchase a University of Kentucky diploma frame.
- Order official personalized graduation announcements.
- Make a gift to any UK fund of $25 or more to become an active member of the UK Alumni Association.
- Be part of a new UK tradition and order a Wildcat Alumni Plaza Paver.
For the health and safety of all participants, students should preregister and select the day and time they plan to attend. They will also be entered to win a prize.
Prior to attending, students should check that they have completed their online degree application through their myUK account. Click here for more information about the degree application process.
The UK Alumni Association is committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 800-269-2586.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.