LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 22, 2020) — The sixth annual DanceBlue Silent Auction at the University of Kentucky is going live Sunday, Oct. 25. Bidding will remain open until Saturday, Nov. 7. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Golden Matrix Fund, which serves to support the patients and families in the DanceBlue Clinic by any means possible, including housing, food vouchers, gas cards, clinic staff, and furthering cancer research.
In years past, DanceBlue’s signature fundraising event was held in person for one night only, but DanceBlue’s commitment to promoting safe events for all by following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines has welcomed an alternative structure for the event. This year’s Silent Auction will be held on BidBeacon, a platform that allows virtual access to the auction prior to the event starting and throughout the bidding week. This virtual structure means that anyone interested in bidding on the array of incredible items has a week to do so.
Items included in DanceBlue’s Silent Auction are gift certificates to local Lexington businesses, gift baskets full of exciting treats, art made by amazing kids in the DanceBlue Clinic, and a football signed by UK’s head football coach, Mark Stoops.
How to Access Bid Beacon on an iPhone/Android in Five Easy Steps:
1. Search for "BidBeacon" in the app store and download the free app.
2. Click the "Sign in with email address" button, then click "Register" at the bottom of the screen in order to create an account.
3. Fill out all required information, double-checking that your email and phone number are correct. This is how you will be contacted when you win an item.
4. In the invite code line, enter KH9QEK. Then click, "Create Account."
5. Enable notifications to stay up to date on the items you're bidding on. Happy bidding!
How to Access Bid Beacon on a Computer in Five Easy Steps:
1. Navigate to https://bidbeacon.com/.
2. Click the 'Web" button in the upper right corner.
3. Click the "Sign in with email address" button, then click "Register" at the bottom of the screen in order to create an account.
4. Fill out all required information, double-checking that your email and phone number are correct. This is how you will be contacted when you win an item.
5. In the invite code line, enter KH9QEK. Then click, "Create Account." Happy bidding!
DanceBlue is the University of Kentucky's 24-hour, no-sitting, no-sleeping dance marathon that benefits the Golden Matrix Fund. The DanceBlue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic opened its brand new facility in 2017 after a complete renovation funded solely from DanceBlue. In the 15 years of DanceBlue, over $15 million has been raised through the Golden Matrix Fund. For more information about DanceBlue, registration information or to support its efforts, please visit www.danceblue.org. Connect with DanceBlue on Facebook at www.facebook.com/danceblue and Twitter at http://twitter.com/UKDanceBlue, and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/uk_danceblue/.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.