LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 11, 2021) — The University of Kentucky's Stuckert Career Center will host a Virtual Education Career Fair from 3:30-6 p.m. Tuesday, March 23.
Students and alumni interested in working in the education industry are encouraged to attend the 2021 Education Career Fair. At the fair, students can expect to network virtually with K-12 schools (public, private and charter), higher education institutions, and other education-related organizations and nonprofits. It's recommended that students dress professionally, even in the virtual setting.
To plan ahead and/or view the event preview and employer list, visit Handshake.
How to Prepare for the Education Fair:
- Register prior to the event via Handshake.
- Sign up for individual and group sessions with your employers of choice.
- Upload your resume to your Handshake profile.
- Make an appointment with the Career Center on Handshake. Career Center personnel are available in person and by Zoom, phone and email.
- Visit the Stuckert Career Center for virtual drop-in advising from noon-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday: https://uky.zoom.us/my/stuckert.advising.
- Visit Participating in a Virtual Fair via the Handshake website here.
For any additional questions, contact Beth Austin, associate director, Career Advising, Stuckert Career Center.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.