LEXINGTON, Ky. (June 13, 2019) — Kentucky softball seniors Katie Reed and Jenny Schaper recently were both named CoSIDA First Team Academic All-Americans, the organization announced.
Reed was a first team honoree in 2018, becoming the first Kentucky Wildcat to win first team honors in two seasons. They are the third and fourth overall first-team honors in program history.
Major: human health sciences/dentistry (College of Health Sciences)
- 2017 NFCA All-American
- 2018 and 2019 SEC Scholar Athlete of the Year
- Two-time NFCA All-Southeast Region
- 2018 CoSIDA First Team Academic All-American
- 2017 First Team All-SEC, 2018 and 2019 Second Team All-SEC
Majors: communication and psychology (double major, College of Communication and Information and College of Arts and Sciences)
- 2019 NFCA All-Southeast Region
- 2019 First Team All-SEC
- 2019 SEC All-Defensive Team (C)
- 2019 SEC Player of the Week (4/26/19)