LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 8, 2017) — Only one week remains before the March 15 deadline for the inaugural Dean's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Scholarship being awarded by the University of Kentucky Libraries.
Students who have completed projects demonstrating information literacy skills and the effective use of library resources are considered well-rounded applicants for this scholarship. Submissions are encouraged from all disciplines and may include: a documentary, performance or studio art project, recorded presentation in any field or discipline, or a written essay.
A cash prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the student winner. The winner and their faculty sponsor(s) will be honored at a special event in the spring.
Eligibility for this award requires students meet the following criteria:
- current full-time undergraduate enrollment status at the University of Kentucky;
- projects must be original work, not previously published, and not co-authored;
- completion and submission of an original research project for a UK credit-bearing course or for a faculty mentored project, in any format or medium; and
- projects must be completed during the time period from the beginning of the spring 2016 semester to the submission date during the spring 2017 semester.
Applicants applying for the Dean's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Scholarship, must submit the following by March 15:
- an application cover sheet;
- a project abstract (250-300 words);
- a 750-1000 word reflective essay;
- a final version of the project including a complete bibliography in a standard publication style consistent with the discipline; and
- a supporting statement from their faculty sponsor(s).
All application material should be emailed to Matt Strandmark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue