LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 22, 2016) — The University of Kentucky Student Government Association (UKSGA) is excited to announce that applications for scholarships for the the 2017-18 school year are now available.
Scholarships available are listed below:
- Lyman T. Johnson Award ($3,000)
- The University of Kentucky Student Government Association wishes to recognize one student who has demonstrated a sincere commitment to working for the betterment of the campus and/or community. This award is in honor of Lyman T. Johnson, the first African-American student to enroll at the University of Kentucky.
- Constitutional Scholarship ($1,000)
- SGA will award a $1,000.00 scholarship on the basis of demonstrated service to the university through campus involvement, leadership, academic success and financial need.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship – Undergraduate Student ($1,000)
- The University of Kentucky Student Government Association wishes to recognize one undergraduate student who has excelled academically and contributed to the university as well.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship – Graduate Student ($1,000)
- The University of Kentucky Student Government Association wishes to recognize one graduate student who has excelled academically and contributed to the University as well.
The Robert G. Zumwinkle Student Rights Award nomination application is also available. This award will go to one student and one faculty/staff member that have promoted and enhanced student rights throughout the academic career.
All application materials are to be received by 5 p.m. Friday, March 24. Materials must be sealed and dropped off to the Student Government Office in room 351 of Blazer Dining. Contact Nicole Mattingly, academic and student affairs chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.uksga.org for more information.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue