LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 30, 2021) — University of Kentucky Health Corps, part of the UK Office of Student Success, sent out an important update to all students who have not completed their entry testing.
You can read excerpts from the Monday, Aug. 30, email below.
We are extending the deadline to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, September 5. The deadline will not be extended again. If you do not complete this test, you will be in violation of university policies and a Health Corps hold will be placed on your student account by the Dean of Students Office.
A hold on your student account will prevent you from making changes to your schedule or registering for future academic terms at UK.
If you have completed your entry test in the last 72 hours you do not need to schedule a COVID-19 test.
As previously shared, UK requires a COVID-19 entry test for all unvaccinated students who are enrolled in the fall semester and are physically coming to campus at any point during the semester. Importantly, those who have tested positive in the past 90 days are not required to complete entry testing per the CDC. Here's why. Those who have tested positive in the past 90 days should upload your testing documentation here.
For your COVID-19 entry test please note:
- Test will be provided at no cost.
- Make sure you bring your student ID or another government-issued ID with you.
- If you tested positive in the past 90 days, you are not required to participate in entry testing. You will need to upload your testing documentation here.
- If you have received a COVID-19 vaccine but are not considered fully vaccinated, you are still required to complete an entry test, as, per the CDC, it takes time for the body to build immunity after vaccination.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are 14 days from the second shot in a two-dose regiment and 14 days out from the single-shot in a one-dose regiment.
If you need to request a medical-based testing accommodation, please contact the Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have another unique testing exemption request, please tell us about your situation here.
To Schedule A Vaccine
If you wish to no longer be required to participate in ongoing testing throughout the semester, you must schedule a vaccine appointment and share proof of vaccination.
If you have any questions about testing or need help, please contact us at 859-218-SAFE (7233) or send an email to email@example.com.
UK Health Corps
If you are fully vaccinated and you are still receiving communication about testing requirements, you need to self-report your vaccination. Please allow up to 72 hours for our records to update if you have already submitted.