LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 2, 2022) — The University of Kentucky Alumni Association invites all May 2022 graduates to take part in Grad Salute, March 7-10. The times are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. in the Gatton Student Center Harris Ballroom.
The May 2022 Commencement Ceremonies will be held on Friday, May 6, and Saturday, May 7, at Rupp Arena at the Central Bank Center.
Grad Salute is the perfect opportunity for graduates to finalize all their UK Commencement needs in one stop. Representatives will be on hand to assist students in making final graduation selections in the following areas:
- Get measured for and purchase an official custom cap, gown and tassel.
- Verify there are no stops or holds on graduation records.
- Obtain career advice and discuss employment opportunities.
- Register to participate in the UK Commencement ceremony and answer any questions about graduation.
- Receive information on student loans during exit counseling.
- Order an official University of Kentucky class ring.
- Take a headshot with a professional photographer (sitting fee waived).
- Purchase a University of Kentucky diploma frame.
- Order official personalized graduation announcements.
- Make a gift to any UK fund of $25 or more to become an active member of the UK Alumni Association.
- Be part of a new UK tradition and order a Wildcat Alumni Plaza Paver.
For the health and safety of all participants, students should preregister at www.ukalumni.net/gradsalute and select the day and time they plan to attend. They will also be entered to win a prize.
For more information about the UK Commencement ceremony, visit https://commencement.uky.edu/.
The UK Alumni Association is committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association, visit www.ukalumni.net or call 800-269-2586.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.