LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 26, 2022) — As the new semester is underway, a refresher on tutoring resources that are available to you may be important, especially as you begin to prepare for your next exam.
Here are 10 must-visit places that can help you as you study:
- Academic Coaching. Every student can benefit from Academic Coaching, regardless of major or year in school. Meet with your own personal academic success coach to review test-taking tips, study strategies and more. To make an appointment, click ‘Integrated Success Coaching’ on the myInfo tab in myUK.
- Presentation U. Students can receive free tutoring for communication projects in any form for any course, including research papers, essays, lab reports, presentations, infographics, ePortfolios and iPad related projects. Tutoring can be delivered face-to-face, online or on written assignments, submitted online.
- The Writing Center. The Writing Center offers free assistance to all UK students. They help with writing, speaking and multimedia assignments across the curriculum.
- The Study. The Study offers free, drop-in peer tutoring for many 100 and 200-level UK core courses in math, science and business. In addition to tutoring, The Study offers Common Hour Study Group sessions for many of the most highly trafficked courses for which The Study offers tutoring. The Study has three convenient locations on campus.
- The Media Depot. The Media Depot, located in The Hub in Willy T., provides access to recording equipment and space, editing stations with specialized multimedia software and technical support for students’ development of their academic media projects. Media Depot staff is available in-person and online via Zoom.
- General Chemistry Learning Center. The General Chemistry Learning Center is open this semester to any student needing in person help with 100-level General Chemistry classes. The center is located in Jacob Science Building Room 219.
- LEAP (Lab for Economics & Accounting Proficiency). LEAP provides free tutoring services for students enrolled in ACC 201, ACC 202, ECO 201, ECO 202, ECO 391 and ECO 401.
- Business Analytics Lab (BA Lab). The lab provides free tutoring and software support for students enrolled in analytics courses and any student using analytics software. Lab instructors, upperclassmen and graduate students, facilitate student learning, answer software related questions and provide guidance on analytical concepts.
- Biology Learning Center. Undergraduate instructional assistants are available to tutor on the days and times listed for each course. No appointment necessary. The BLC is also available for anyone as a quiet place to study.
- Mathskeller. The Mathskeller is specifically designed to help students studying mathematics at the University of Kentucky. Faculty, graduate students and undergraduate assistants all hold offices hours in the Mathskeller so students can drop in for free tutoring.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.