LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 14, 2022) — Wildcats, you are already halfway through the Fall 2022 semester and that means it’s time to start preparing for your next one! Priority Registration for the Winter 2022 and Spring 2023 terms will be open from Oct. 31 to Nov. 22.
Here is all you need to know to prepare for a smooth registration period.
- Be sure you know your linkblue login.
- Registration is done through the myUK student portal which requires your linkblue login. Through myUK, you will have access to essential information like your assigned booking window, your degree audit and appointment scheduling. Through the appointment scheduler, you can find a time to meet with your advisor to plan courses for next semester.
- Meet with your advisor prior to your registration window.
- Students are required to meet with their advisor before they can register for classes.
- Your advisor can help give suggestions of what your next steps should be. Knowing which classes and programs to register for is important when planning for your next semester.
- To find your advisor, students should look in myGPS homepage under degree planning and registration. It will be on far right under “my advisors.”
- Preview courses offered.
- To preview courses being offered next semester, check out the Course Calendar.
- Determine if you have account holds.
- Your advisor will also be able to discuss any account holds that need to be removed. Sometimes, the hold removal process can take a few days, so the earlier you address them the better. This info can also be found under the myInfo tab on myUK.
Following these steps early can ensure you get into the classes you need for your next semester and set you up for long-term success.
For registration help, visit the registration office at 10 W.D. Funkhouser Building or call 859-257-7173. Check the Registration webpage for more information.
At the University of Kentucky, students are at the center of all that we do. From the moment you become a Wildcat through graduation and beyond, the Office for Student Success is committed to supporting you. Comprised of five areas and 25 units, together, they have one vision — to help students live a life of meaning. Student Success works through an equitable, holistic and inclusive lens to design and deliver unparalleled services and support a diverse community of learners in achieving their wildest ambitions. In the Office for Student Success this is what we do — this is who we are. You can explore resources available to you here. If you have additional questions, you can reach a Student Success team member by calling the helpline 859-218-YouK (9685).