LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 20, 2021) — MyUK is a University of Kentucky student and employee portal site that hosts a variety of student and employee specific self-service programs, accounts and apps. Here are five things to do in myUK this fall.
- Schedule appointments with advisors and coaches. Your advisors are here to help you meet your academic and career goals, so it’s important to connect with them each semester. Want to know more about study strategies, time management or creating a plan for success? The Integrated Success Coaches will work with you to maximize your potential.
- Sign up for the installment payment plan. Use the myFinancials tab to enroll in the installment payment plan for student account charges. The myFinancials tab also has information about any financial aid or scholarships you may be receiving, as well as tuition and payment information, so make sure you review your account statement. Questions? Contact Student Account Services or your financial aid counselor.
- Keep track of account holds. Holds are placed on your account for various reasons and may prevent you from registering for classes when your Priority Registration window opens or restrict you from other functions at the university. Review your holds in the “myInfo” tab under “my Stops and Holds.” Holds can be placed at any time, so set a weekly reminder to check for any holds.
- Plan and register for your courses. Priority Registration is right around the corner, so now is the time to start planning for upcoming semesters. Use the course catalog in the “Degree Planning and Registration” tab to identify courses you wish to take and discuss your plans with your academic advisor.
- Check your degree progress. Use the degree audit tool in “Degree Planning and Registration” to view your progress toward your degree, or try the “what if” audit to explore different majors. Need help finding a different major? Major Exploratory Associates at the Stuckert Career Center are here to help.
Did you know there’s a myUK app? Download it on all of your devices. You’ll be able to check your course schedule, check your Flex dollars or Plus account and so much more.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.