LEXINGTON, Ky. (Jan. 31, 2022) — During February, the University of Kentucky will offer students and recent alumni an opportunity to connect with more than 150 employers in the spring semester career fair series.
- The UK Part-Time Job Fair is 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 1.
- The Engineering, Computer Science and STEM Career Fair is noon-4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 15.
- The Business, Communications, Liberal Arts and All Majors Career Fair is 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 16.
- The All Majors Virtual Internship and Career Fair is Feb. 24.
The spring semester career fairs offer an important opportunity to network and personally connect with employers. Company representatives are interested in connecting with students from all academic majors, and they’re eager to share information with students about internships, co-ops and job opportunities. Students from all class years are encouraged to attend.
UK Career Services is providing career fair prep workshops. Students can pre-register or drop in for these workshops. More information is available at: https://www.uky.edu/careercenter/hireblue-career-fairs
Reasons to Attend UK’s Spring Career Fairs
- Boss up! Don’t miss this chance to take control of your career path and connect with extraordinary opportunities.
- Network with BBN’s top pros: Many of the recruiters and employer representatives are UK alumni and BBN supporters who want to see more UK students have amazing career opportunities!
- Gain an advantage: Do you know what career possibilities your UK degree will offer? Career fairs are a great way to find out.
- Get in the “ready” position! One of the greatest challenges facing new college graduates is lack of preparation and planning to pursue career opportunities. Career fairs and career services are here to help!
- Avoid opportunity cost: Registration is easy, and participation isn’t a steep time commitment, but missing a rare opportunity like this is potentially very costly.
- Improve your resume: It’s the first thing most companies will see when you inquire about employment. Recruitment professionals will help you build a stronger resume to land interview requests.
- Get your money’s worth: This is a free event, but its value is enormous. Where else can you connect with the most respected companies in your field all in one place?
Students are encouraged to review the list of employers attending the career fairs using UK’s Handshake career management platform.
The spring semester career fairs are brought to you by the Office for Student Success and are a partnership between the Career and Co-op Office in the College of Engineering, the Graham Office of Career Management in the Gatton College of Business and Economics, and the Stuckert Career Center.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.