LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 7, 2022) — Don’t want to spend big bucks this Valentine’s Day? Here are five galentine’s, palentine’s or Valentine’s date ideas!
- Show Off Your Cooking Skills. Join registered dietitian, Jessica Carter, at The 90 for a beginner cooking class. The perfect way to practice your Valentine's Day dinner.
- Need a Last Minute Gift? Make your own DIY gift with the Student Activities Board (SAB) at their Valentine's Stuff-A-Plush event.
- Make the Perfect Bouquet. Join a local florist and fellow students at SAB’s flower workshop and craft a beautiful bouquet!
- Dance at the Disco. Join SAB for their fan-favorite event, Silent Disco.
- Become a Local Tourist of Lexvegas. Go sightseeing around Lexington. Stop inside places you often pass but never go to!
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.