LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 22, 2021) — Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which means the holiday break is basically tomorrow and the semester is nearly over!
Here are five things students can do to prepare for the final stretch of the semester.
- Get your flu shot. Flu shots are now available for UK students, faculty and staff — with new times and locations available. Those who have already received their flu shot are encouraged to self-report.
- Get a COVID-19 test. Students can receive a COVID-19 test at no cost through ongoing on-campus testing locations. Students are encouraged to time their tests appropriately, so they can receive their results before returning home, to minimize the risk of spreading the virus to family members, community members or others in their hometowns.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccination against COVID-19 is currently available for anyone age 5 and over. Vaccination is being offered free, and insurance is not required.
- Register for Winter Intersession and Spring 2022 courses. Designed to provide students with a wide range of educational opportunities to concentrate on a single area of study, enrich learning beyond the normal curriculum, accelerate academic progress and remain on schedule for graduation, the Winter Intersession is a great resource for students.
- Access campus academic and well-being resources when you need support. Additional support is available through the university to help students succeed for the final stretch of the semester.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.