LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 22, 2021) — Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which means the holiday break is basically tomorrow and the semester is nearly over!
Here are five things students can do to prepare for the final stretch of the semester.
- Get your flu shot. Flu shots are now available for UK students, faculty and staff — with new times and locations available. Those who have already received their flu shot are encouraged to self-report.
- Get a COVID-19 test. Students can receive a COVID-19 test at no cost through ongoing on-campus testing locations. Students are encouraged to time their tests appropriately, so they can receive their results before returning home, to minimize the risk of spreading the virus to family members, community members or others in their hometowns.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccination against COVID-19 is currently available for anyone age 5 and over. Vaccination is being offered free, and insurance is not required.
- Register for Winter Intersession and Spring 2022 courses. Designed to provide students with a wide range of educational opportunities to concentrate on a single area of study, enrich learning beyond the normal curriculum, accelerate academic progress and remain on schedule for graduation, the Winter Intersession is a great resource for students.
- Access campus academic and well-being resources when you need support. Additional support is available through the university to help students succeed for the final stretch of the semester.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $476.5 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.