LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 12, 2018) — University of Kentucky students, faculty, staff and members of the Lexington community are invited to attend a panel discussion on free speech and hate speech designed to inform and clarify pertinent issues surrounding the topics. The forum will take place 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20, in Room 121 of the Don & Cathy Jacobs Science Building.
UK President Eli Capilouto will begin the event with opening remarks. The panel will be moderated by Danny Murphy, assistant dean of community engagement and diversity in the UK College of Law. Panel members for the event are as follows:
- Courtney Hart, doctoral candidate, Gatton College of Business and Economics;
- Kathi Kern, director of the Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching;
- Carol Taylor-Shim, of Bias Incident Support Services;
- Nick Kehrwald, dean of students;
- Bill Thro, UK general counsel;
- Rory Barron, undergraduate student; and
- Brandon Colbert, undergraduate student.
Following the panel, an informal reception will be held to allow interactions between audience members and panelists.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue