Need an All-night Pharmacy? UK Chandler Retail Pharmacy Open 24-7
LEXINGTON, Ky. (July 6, 2020) – UK Chandler Retail Pharmacy recently became the only 24-hour pharmacy inside New Circle Road in Lexington and one of only two all-night pharmacies in all of Lexington, as other area pharmacies have shortened their hours.
Chandler Pharmacy, located on the first floor UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion A behind the gift shop, moved to overnight service in January 2019 in an effort to provide better service for patients in our emergency department and others with late-night medication needs. The pharmacy, which is open to the public, never closes.
Parking at UK Chandler Pharmacy is easy. A designated short-term parking spot on the front loop of the hospital offers a convenient way to park and run into the pharmacy for prescription pickup. Thirty minutes of free parking is also available in the UK HealthCare Garage at 110 Transcript Ave., directly across S. Limestone from the hospital. The concourse bridge at Level C of the garage offers safe passage across S. Limestone and ends just steps from the pharmacy. Security is onsite at all times.
UK Chandler is one of five convenient UK Retail Pharmacy locations. All locations are open to everyone and accept most insurance plans. The other locations are:
- Kentucky Clinic Retail Pharmacy, first floor of the Kentucky Clinic building, near the information desk.
- Turfland Retail Pharmacy, inside the UK Turfland Outpatient Services Center on Harrodsburg Road.
- UK Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy, just inside the main hospital entrance.
- University Health Service Retail Pharmacy, first floor of the UHS building.
UK’s Specialty Pharmacy serves those who take especially high-cost or high-risk medications.
UK Retail Pharmacies offer:
- Easy refill requests using the free RefillPro app, which can be downloaded for iPhone or Android by clicking here.
- Mail delivery at no extra cost. Requests made by 1 p.m. are usually mailed the same day.
- Many medications just $4 for a 30-day supply. Click for a list of eligible medications.
- Half off most copays, up to $60, for UK HMO/PPO members who see a UK provider.
- A selection of over-the-counter items.
- Free medication consultations with expert pharmacists.
The Turfland, Kentucky Clinic and Good Samaritan locations are also offering curbside pickup on request. All locations are open for in-person prescription pickup.
Visit ukpharmacy.org for more information about UK Retail Pharmacies. To reach UK Chandler Retail Pharmacy, call 859-218-3340.
As the state’s flagship, land-grant institution, the University of Kentucky exists to advance the Commonwealth. We do that by preparing the next generation of leaders — placing students at the heart of everything we do — and transforming the lives of Kentuckians through education, research and creative work, service and health care. We pride ourselves on being a catalyst for breakthroughs and a force for healing, a place where ingenuity unfolds. It's all made possible by our people — visionaries, disruptors and pioneers — who make up 200 academic programs, a $501 million research and development enterprise and a world-class medical center, all on one campus.
In 2022, UK was ranked by Forbes as one of the “Best Employers for New Grads” and named a “Diversity Champion” by INSIGHT into Diversity, a testament to our commitment to advance Kentucky and create a community of belonging for everyone. While our mission looks different in many ways than it did in 1865, the vision of service to our Commonwealth and the world remains the same. We are the University for Kentucky.