LEXINGTON, Ky. (July 6, 2020) – UK Chandler Retail Pharmacy recently became the only 24-hour pharmacy inside New Circle Road in Lexington and one of only two all-night pharmacies in all of Lexington, as other area pharmacies have shortened their hours.
Chandler Pharmacy, located on the first floor UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion A behind the gift shop, moved to overnight service in January 2019 in an effort to provide better service for patients in our emergency department and others with late-night medication needs. The pharmacy, which is open to the public, never closes.
Parking at UK Chandler Pharmacy is easy. A designated short-term parking spot on the front loop of the hospital offers a convenient way to park and run into the pharmacy for prescription pickup. Thirty minutes of free parking is also available in the UK HealthCare Garage at 110 Transcript Ave., directly across S. Limestone from the hospital. The concourse bridge at Level C of the garage offers safe passage across S. Limestone and ends just steps from the pharmacy. Security is onsite at all times.
UK Chandler is one of five convenient UK Retail Pharmacy locations. All locations are open to everyone and accept most insurance plans. The other locations are:
- Kentucky Clinic Retail Pharmacy, first floor of the Kentucky Clinic building, near the information desk.
- Turfland Retail Pharmacy, inside the UK Turfland Outpatient Services Center on Harrodsburg Road.
- UK Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy, just inside the main hospital entrance.
- University Health Service Retail Pharmacy, first floor of the UHS building.
UK’s Specialty Pharmacy serves those who take especially high-cost or high-risk medications.
UK Retail Pharmacies offer:
- Easy refill requests using the free RefillPro app, which can be downloaded for iPhone or Android by clicking here.
- Mail delivery at no extra cost. Requests made by 1 p.m. are usually mailed the same day.
- Many medications just $4 for a 30-day supply. Click for a list of eligible medications.
- Half off most copays, up to $60, for UK HMO/PPO members who see a UK provider.
- A selection of over-the-counter items.
- Free medication consultations with expert pharmacists.
The Turfland, Kentucky Clinic and Good Samaritan locations are also offering curbside pickup on request. All locations are open for in-person prescription pickup.
Visit ukpharmacy.org for more information about UK Retail Pharmacies. To reach UK Chandler Retail Pharmacy, call 859-218-3340.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.