LEXINGTON, Ky. (April 25, 2017) — In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the University of Kentucky Campus.
The University of Kentucky Police Department received reports of stolen motor scooters on the following dates from the following locations:
- One from in front of Woodland Glen III between 7 p.m. Sunday, April 16, and 2:45 p.m. Monday, April 17, 2017.
- One from in front of Miller Hall at 1 a.m. Monday, April 17, 2017.
- One from the area around the Mathews Building at 12:30 a.m. Thursday, April 20, 2017.
- Three from in front of Woodland Glen II between Thursday evening, April 20, and Friday, April 21, 2017.
The suspects in several of the thefts are described as three black male individuals in their 20s, between 5’11” and 6’6” and wearing dark hooded sweatshirts, sweatpants, and white shoes. One of the suspects was wearing camouflage shorts.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has any information regarding these incidents, please contact UK Police at 859-257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something; report suspicious activity to UK Police immediately. For emergencies, call 911.
- Whenever possible, avoid thefts of opportunity and secure property with a lock. Opportunity theft is the direct result of property and valuables left unattended and unsecured, even for short periods of time, which provides a thief with the opportunity to steal your valuables.
- Maintain a thorough record of your valuables, to include photographs, serial numbers, makes and models, etc.
- Mopeds and scooters on campus are required to have a motor scooter/motorcycle permit. Permits may be obtained at http://www.uky.edu/transportation/.