LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 4, 2011) − The University of Kentucky Police Department issued a UK Alert this morning following a report of a shooting on South Limestone between Avenue of Champions and Maxwell Street around 3 a.m.
At 4:35 a.m. UK Police issued an "All Clear" alert saying the emergency situation in that area of South Limestone was over and the campus community could resume normal activity.
UK Police say three individuals were hospitalized following the shooting. Lexington Police, who are investigating the incident, are looking for a suspect in a green Camaro or Monte Carlo last seen traveling north on Limestone.
In a Crime Bulletin also sent to the UK community, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
* If you notice anything suspicious, go to the nearest phone and call 911.
* Carry a cell phone or other personal safety device.
* Always be aware of your surroundings and of the activities of people around you.
* Do not travel alone after dark; always walk with a friend or with a group.
* Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort, or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service by calling the University’s One Number coordinated student safety services program at 257-SAFE(7233).
* Request discounted taxi service through UK sponsored “Taxicats” at 859-381-TAXI (859-381-8294).
* Park only in well lit areas.
* Turn over any requested items (purse, wallet, etc).
* Make statements with authority -- BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY! Never comply with being moved to another location, FIGHT BACK!