LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 25, 2019) — The University of Kentucky Police Department issued the UK Crime Bulletin below to the campus community today.
In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
The University of Kentucky Police Department received the following reports that may be connected:
- On February 23, an unidentified individual entered the Gatton Student Center, stole a purse near the dining area and was observed going through lockers.
- On February 23, the same unidentified individual from the above burglary entered the Starbucks inside the Healthy Kentucky Research Building (formerly Research Building 2) and took several items that were left unsecured.
Suspect description: white male, 5’6” to 5’ 9” in height, 170-180 pounds, brown hair with facial hair.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has any information regarding these incidents, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Report any suspicious activities in or around your building to UKPD.
- Assess your workspace for vulnerabilities. Report any issues to your building manager.
- Lock all windows and doors while away.
- Make sure that all lights, door locks, and window locks are in proper working order.
- Maintain a thorough record of your valuables, to include: photographs, serial numbers, makes and models, etc.