LEXINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 21, 2015) — This fall, University of Kentucky Dining is making the move to a greener, more environmentally friendly alternative by eliminating all styrofoam from the residential dining halls.
The first step in this process is implementing a reusable to-go container program for Blazer Cafe and The Fresh Food Company. There will be a $5 initial fee for the reusable to-go box, however you will be able to exchange the container for the next two years.
How to Purchase and Use Your Container
1. You may purchase your resusable containter with Flex dollars, credit card or cash. The purchase will be connected to your UK account, so please have your Wildcat ID with you.
2. Your reusable to-go container can only be used at The Fresh Food Company and Blazer Cafe.
3. When you want to purchase a to-go meal, take your reusable container and your Wildcat ID with you to the cash register.
4. Present your container to be filled with your order.
5. The next time you would like to purchase a meal to-go, please bring your rinsed, reusable to-go container to the cashier to exchange for a clean container.
Note: You do not have to clean the container. UK Dining will handle the washing of all containers to ensure proper sanitation, but please discard any leftovers before returning.
Why UK Dining is Doing This
While styrofoam may be a more inexpensive, lighter alternative, it is not good for the environment. UK Dining hopes the entire campus community works together to effect positive change.
If you have any issues or comments on the containers, please email Leisha Vance at email@example.com.
MEDIA CONTACT: Blair Hoover, (859) 257-6398; firstname.lastname@example.org