LEXINGTON, Ky (Nov. 8, 2019) — The University of Kentucky issued a Crime Bulletin this afternoon via email to all UK students and employees. The bulletin is below.
In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
On Friday, November 8, 2019, UK Police Department received a report of a rape inside a residence hall. The female resident said she was sexually assaulted by a male guest. The alleged incident was reported to have occurred just after midnight on Friday, November 8, 2019. The victim knows the suspect and the crime is currently being investigated by UK Police and Title IX.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
- Whenever possible, look out for your friends when you go out together; walk together and make sure that everyone gets home safely.
- Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service during the fall and spring semesters by calling (859) 257-SAFE(7233).
- Park in well-lit areas, if available.
- If possible, do not travel alone after dark; walk with a friend or with a group.
- Turn over any requested items (purse, wallet, etc.).
- If you choose to drink, be responsible. Alcohol is never an excuse to hurt another person.
- Make statements with authority – “BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY!” You deserve to be respected.
- Request a FREE KENTUCKY WILDCAB ride through the Kentucky Wildcab app, available in the app store and Google Play. Kentucky Wildcab is available 10 p.m. through 3 a.m. Thursday through Saturday when fall and spring semester classes are in session.
University of Kentucky Police Department (859) 257-8573