LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 16, 2022) — In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
The University of Kentucky Police Department (UKPD) received the following information in reference to a robbery that took place on the University of Kentucky campus. UKPD is currently investigating this case.
At 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 14, 2022, the University of Kentucky Police Department was notified of a robbery at 807 South Limestone in the College of Medicine Learning Center parking lot next to the Speedway gas station. The incident occurred Friday morning, May 13, 2022, at approximately 1:50 a.m.
The victim was approached by a male individual who asked for money. When the victim continued to walk away, the suspect assaulted the victim and took cash from the victim’s pocket. The suspect immediately left the area and ran towards Press Avenue. The suspect was described as a black male, around 6’0”, 180-200 pounds, wearing a blue T-shirt.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998. The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911
- Report any suspicious activities in or around your building to UKPD
- Lock all windows and doors while away
- Make sure that all lights, door locks, and window locks are in proper working order
- Maintain a thorough record of your valuables, including photographs, serial numbers, makes, and models, etc.
- Make sure that all doors are locked while inside your vehicle