LEXINGTON, Ky. (Nov. 29, 2017) — It’s all here. And it’s designed for you.
That combination is what potential students discover when they visit the University of Kentucky campus for the first time — a campus designed specifically for their needs.
In the last few years alone, some $2.4 billion has been invested in new residence halls, state-of-the-art classrooms and research laboratories, athletics facilities, playing fields and green spaces that help create and foster a special community.
And all of that investment is in support of a learning community that is distinctive in America — one of only a handful that has the depth of programs, majors and programs on one campus.
At UK, students can combine majors and shape a course of study to make them competitive and successful when they leave the university.
It’s all here, at a place designed for student success.
But we know that not everyone can visit the UK campus, at least not right away. We’ve taken care of that.
As new students are in the process of deciding where to go to college, UK has created a new online virtual tour.
The immersive 3-D tour is an excellent way to "view" the campus before visiting in person. Offered for the first time in 2017 and accessible from UK's website home page, the virtual tour provides outdoor and indoor tours of many of the university buildings, especially residence halls and buildings housing classes.
On the virtual tour, a student can experience all UK has to offer through 360-degree video, still photos and their very own student tour guide providing plenty of useful information.
The virtual tour is updated as new buildings now under construction or renovation come online, including what is expected to be UK's heart of campus — the Student Center that opens in spring of 2018.
So, what goes on in those classroom buildings seen in the virtual tour? Consider these key tools and important upcoming dates in the application and scholarship process:
- The UK Admissions web page is information central for anyone who wants to learn more about what UK has to offer academically — 200 academic programs spread across 16 colleges and professional schools, plus an honors college.
- An easy-to-use tool allows prospective students to get information about majors they are interested in, or for those who don't yet have a major in mind, the web tool allows users to search potential majors based on areas of interest.
- The website covers many other topics, too, such as scholarships, student financial aid, scheduling in-person campus visits, transfer admissions, price calculator, how to contact admissions counselors and, of course, actually applying to UK.
- Applications can be made online. Applications for fall 2018 are being taken now.
- High school students who make their decisions early can use the Early Action Track admission process. The deadline to apply for early admission is Dec. 1.
- The Regular Track Admission deadline is Feb. 15, 2018. However, if students plan to apply for competitive and academic scholarships and entrance into UK's Lewis Honors College, they must do so by Dec. 1.
For those who just want to learn more about UK's academic and student life opportunities or for those who are ready to "see blue." the university can help make the process easier.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue