LEXINGTON, Ky. (April 17, 2015) — Provost Tim Tracy honored seven faculty members and three teaching assistants with Provost's Outstanding Teaching Awards at the 2015 UK Faculty Awards Ceremony. The ceremony took place Wednesday, April 15, in the Lexmark Public Room in the Main Building.
This annual award recognizes faculty and graduate teaching assistants who demonstrate special dedication and outstanding performance in the classroom or laboratory. Recipients were selected via nomination and reviewed by a selection committee based in the Provost's Office of Faculty Advancement.
Winners received cash prizes of $5,000 for regular and special title series faculty and $1,000 for teaching assistants.
The Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award recognized regular and special title series faculty for outstanding teaching performance. The 2015 winners are:
- Matthew J. Beck, College of Engineering, Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Daniel S. Morey, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Political Science
- Mark A. Williams, College of Agriculture, Food and Environment, Department of Horticulture
- Heather A. Campbell-Speltz, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Hispanic Studies
- Holly S. Divine, College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science
- Debby L. Keen, College of Engineering, Department of Computer Science
- Sarah E. Kercsmar, College of College of Communication and Information, Department of Library and Information Science
The UK Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award recognized teaching assistants for exceptional performance in the classroom or laboratory. The 2015 winners are:
- David M. Brown, College of Education, Department of Educational Policy Studies
- Amanda R. Ellis, College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Statistics
- Jerrod M. Penn, College of Agriculture, Food and Environment, Department of Agricultural Economics