LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 21, 2020) — Looking to get more involved with your fellow Wildcats at the University of Kentucky? BBNvolved makes it easy to join student organizations right from your phone.
BBNvolved is home to more than 700 student organization portals that simplify signing up for meetings and events.
Follow these steps to start getting involved:
- Go to the website
- Log in with your linkblue username and password
- Click the search icon to type in a particular organization or area of interest
- For event information, click on the Events icon to see what’s on the calendar
- To learn more about an organization, click the Organizations tab and select
- To join an organization, click Join
Downloading an event pass:
- Go to the event page
- Click on your profile picture
- Select Event Pass from the dropdown menu
Talking to someone about getting involved:
- Click on Forms and search for Involvement Advising Request
- Click Start
- Complete your information
With so many student organizations currently available, there really is something for everyone. Looking for something that is not on campus just yet or recognize a need for a particular organization? It is easy and straightforward to register a new one.
Registering a new student organization:
- Find two friends with a shared interest — it only takes three students to start
- Ask a faculty or staff member to serve as your advisor (maybe a professor whose class you enjoyed)
- Create a new page on BBNvolved
- Complete the required student organization training
- BBNvolved page creation and training information available here
Does the idea of “attending” a virtual event confuse you? Are you unsure how to “attend” and sign up for one, or interested in how to communicate with other students during the event? Follow these guidelines below:
How to attend virtual events:
- Locate virtual events on BBNvolved: under the BBNvolved events tab, use the “online” filter to find virtual events
- Select the event you want to attend
- Read the Online Location Instructions
- Select “Join Event Online” to join the online platform!
- Many events are hosted via Zoom — make sure to log in with your LinkBlue credentials
How to engage with others during virtual events:
- Use the chat box to ask questions or start conversations
- Have your video on to engage with nonverbal cues, like smiling and nodding your head
- Don’t be afraid to unmute yourself to chime into the conversation
- Hear something you have in common with another participant? Use a private chat option to continue the conversation
- Get contact info from other participants so you can engage outside of the event or offline
- Just because you didn’t speak up or chat at one event doesn’t mean you won’t find your community at a different virtual event
- The more you attend virtual events — the more confident you will get in engaging online!
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion three years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for four straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.