LEXINGTON, Ky. (Sept. 12, 2022) — It’s the beginning of the school year, which means another year of great opportunities for our Wildcats! A successful school year starts by taking care of yourself. That’s why the University of Kentucky provides resources to their students on campus to ensure that their basic needs are met. Here’s some information about a few of these resources.
- The Big Blue Pantry, located in the basement of the White Hall Classroom Building, is a place where students experiencing food insecurity can choose from a donated array of foods and goods at no cost. There is no limit on how much you take.
- You can also find hygiene products such as shampoo and toothpaste.
- Are you in need of professional attire for an upcoming interview, internship or job? Check out Wildcat Wardrobe in the basement of the White Hall Classroom Building, where professional clothing is offered to UK students.
- Choose from a variety of styles and sizes for any professional event. Everything is free!
- Enjoy a meal that includes an entree and two sides for just a dollar at the ONE Cafe, located on the second floor of Erikson Hall. Stop by for lunch Mondays through Fridays.
- These meals are balanced and nutritious to benefit the students. You can even find vegan options!
- Access metal health and crisis support, all in one place! TRACS (Triage, Referral, Assistance and Crisis Support) is a physical and virtual one-stop shop where students can come for a quick referral to support services or receive direct clinical support for a range of mental health needs and crises. Services are offered in-person and virtually, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Show up in-person (third floor, east wing of the Gatton Student Center) or call 859-21-TRACS (859-218-7227). Complete this form for assistance
In addition to these four resources, there are several organizations on campus that promote positive living circumstances for UK students, including housing, food insecurity, finances and many more.
A full list of resources can be found here.
With the excitement of the new school year beginning, these resources can alleviate some of the everyday stresses of being a student. Don’t hesitate to utilize them to feel comfortable and healthy on campus this year.
At the University of Kentucky, students are at the center of all that we do. From the moment you become a Wildcat through graduation and beyond, the Office for Student Success is committed to supporting you. Comprised of five areas and 25 units, together, they have one vision — to help students live a life of meaning. Student Success works through an equitable, holistic and inclusive lens to design and deliver unparalleled services and support a diverse community of learners in achieving their wildest ambitions. In the Office for Student Success this is what we do — this is who we are. You can explore resources available to you here. If you have additional questions, you can reach a Student Success team member by calling the helpline 859-218-YouK (9685).