LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 1, 2017) — University of Kentucky Analytics and Technologies (UKAT) has been renamed Information Technology Services (ITS) to reflect the broad range of information technology services provided to our community in support of teaching, research, health care, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
"The renaming of the UK Analytics and Technology to Information Technology Services better represents the office's role at UK – serving the campus by providing innovative technology services and support," said Eric N. Monday, executive vice president for finance and administration.
“Stakeholder feedback was vital in the decision to move forward with changing the unit name,” UK Chief Information Officer Brian Nichols said.
Over the past several months, Nichols has met with campus leaders to obtain feedback on the services Information Technology provides, as well as to discuss efforts that focus on customer service, collaboration, communication, and strategic delivery of IT services to the university.
Nichols also designated a new ITS leadership team:
- Stephen Burr, interim executive director of enterprise systems
- Patsy Carruthers, senior director of academic technologies and faculty engagement
- Jennifer Edwards, interim assistant director of communications and strategic planning
- Doyle Friskney, chief technology officer and executive director of research enablement and outreach
- Kathy Hamperian, executive director of customer support and student IT enablement
- Rick Phillips, interim executive director of networking and infrastructure
- Adam Recktenwald, interim executive director of enterprise applications
- Karen Willmott, executive director of finance, administration, and project management
- Chief information security officer (currently vacant)