LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 30, 2019) — With the Kentucky Wildcats' win over the University of Houston, we now move into the NCAA Tournament Elite 8 game at 2:20 p.m. EDT Sunday, March 31. As a result, the University of Kentucky Police and Lexington Police departments and the Lexington Fire Department will be on and around campus Sunday afternoon and evening to monitor and to respond to any safety concerns in the area.
UK employees and students should expect the following impacts to parking and transportation.
The Lexington Police Department has instituted a parking ban from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday, March 31, for the following area streets:
- Limestone – from Avenue of Champions to Maxwell
- Pine Street – from Upper to Limestone
- Jersey Street – from Winslow to Maxwell
- Maxwell – from Upper to Limestone
- Transcript Avenue
- Journal Avenue
- Conn Terrace
- State Street
- University Avenue
- Elizabeth Street
- Crescent Avenue
- Scott Street (meters in front of Fire Department Station 6)
- Forest Park
"No Parking" notices have been issued in these areas and vehicles in violation will be towed at the owners' expense.
Sunday's on-campus impacts will be similar to Friday. Times will be updated as we obtain that information:
- The Warren Court Lot, located off South Limestone near the Good Samaritan Hospital, will be restricted beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday through Sunday evening to allow for media parking.
- The two top levels of the UK HealthCare Garage (PS #8) and the Good Samaritan Garage will be restricted beginning at 8 a.m. Sunday.
- The Elizabeth Street E-Intermediate lot, located at the intersection of Elizabeth Street and Transcript Avenue, will be restricted beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday through Sunday evening to allow for the staging of city street sweepers. While the entrance will be blocked, UK employees parked there will still be able to exit.
- The Ag Science Loop, with access off South Limestone, will be restricted for media parking and other staging from 1 p.m. Saturday through Sunday evening.
- Gravel lots located along Conn Terrace will be restricted beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday to be used as a staging area for the Lexington Fire Department.