LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 15, 2018) — University of Kentucky Police issued a Crime Bulletin to the campus community today:
In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
- It was reported to UKPD that a partially burned paper flyer was found in Holmes Hall, on the fourth floor at approximately 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
Such acts are a violation of KRS 513.040 – Arson in the third degree, a Class D felony, and are punishable by up to five (5) years in prison.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Download and use the LiveSafe App to report suspicious persons loitering around facilities.
- Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
- In the event that you smell smoke, dial 911 immediately.
- If you locate a fire, pull a fire alarm and then dial 911. Do NOT attempt to extinguish a fire unless you are properly trained to do so.
- Anytime a fire alarm is activated, EVACUATE the building immediately.
- Know the primary and secondary escape routes for each of your locations, should an actual fire occur.