LEXINGTON, Ky (April 27, 2017) — University of Kentucky Police issued a UK Crime Bulletin today following a sexual abuse report. The bulletin was sent via email to all students, staff and faculty. Information from the bulletin is below.
In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
On Thursday, April 27, 2017, the University of Kentucky Police received a report of Sexual Abuse of a student on campus that occurred on April 26, 2017 during the time between 12:50 a.m. and 2 a.m. It was reported that the student requested an Uber ride and entered the vehicle of the Uber car service driver at 12:50 a.m. from a local establishment for a ride back to her residence hall on campus. The Uber driver passed the residence hall and proceeded to Parking Structure #2 at 301 Hilltop Ave. The student reported being kissed and touched inappropriately on the outside of her clothing. The Uber vehicle is described as a red, 4-door, Chevrolet Spark. The driver is described to be a white male, approximately 33 years old, 5’10” tall and weighing 200 lbs., with brown hair and brown eyes.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has information to report about this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Be an active bystander. If you think someone is at risk for sexual assault, consider it an emergency and get involved.
- Consent for sexual contact is not implied.
- Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
- Download and use the LiveSafe Application
- Take the UKPD taught S.T.A.R.R class
- Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service during the fall and spring semesters by calling (859) 257-SAFE(7233).
- Make statements with authority – “BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY!” You deserve to be respected.