LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 8, 2018) — The University of Kentucky Police Department issued a UK Crime Bulletin Wednesday, March 7, following report of a sexual abuse incident on campus. The bulletin, sent by email to all students, faculty and staff, is below.
In the interest of safety, the University of Kentucky Police Department has issued the following Crime Bulletin for the UK community.
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018, the University of Kentucky Police received a report of sexual abuse of a student on campus that occurred at approximately 10:30 p.m. It was reported that the student was walking on the east side of South Limestone near the corner of Avenue of Champions when she was approached by a male that grabbed her by the wrist then touched her buttocks and asked her for money. The student reported that she then gave the male individual money and he walked away. The suspect was described as a black male with short hair, approximately 5’7” in his 30s or 40s.
University of Kentucky Police Department has issued this Crime Bulletin for the UK Community in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.
If anyone has information to report about this incident, please contact UK Police at (859) 257-8573.
The University of Kentucky values a safe community for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors. In the interest of promoting a safe and secure campus environment, UK Police offer the following safety precautions:
- If you see something, say something. For emergencies, call 911.
- Be an active bystander. If you think someone is at risk, consider it an emergency and get involved.
- Consent for sexual contact is not implied.
- Carry a cell phone to be able to call for help in emergencies.
- Download and use the LiveSafe Application
- Take the UKPD taught S.T.A.R.R. class
- Request a FREE SAFECATS student safety escort or coordinate after-hours on-demand bus service during the fall and spring semesters by calling (859) 257-SAFE(7233).
- Request a FREE WILDCAB ride during the fall and spring semester. More information at www.uky.edu/kentuckywildcab
- Make statements with authority – “BACK-OFF! STOP! NO-WAY!” You deserve to be respected.