LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 21, 2018) — University of Kentucky Libraries has extended the application deadline for the 2018-19 Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internships to May 25. This paid internship opportunity provides students advanced research experience in a work setting with additional mentoring and coaching from professionals.
The students selected to receive Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internships will participate in, develop, and/or lead library-related and/or library-sponsored projects and activities that develop research and critical thinking skills in their area of studies or interest through assisting peers with research. Through this internship, students will:
- Acquire expertise in the academic resources of their major discipline as well as general research tools and resources.
- Gain experience in research assistance.
- Assist other students with research needs through drop-in assistance, consultation and instruction.
- Assist with and provide feedback on the development of tutorials and other instructional materials.
- Participate in student outreach activities including K-Week, resource fairs, UK Libraries’ special events, residence hall activities and other student success events.
- Design and implement an outreach event, under the supervision of the undergraduate outreach coordinator.
- Assist with improving the design of the internship program and training of future interns.
Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors may apply for this internship. To see requirements and read more on compensation, visit http://libguides.uky.edu/peertutor/requirements.
Students interested in the 2018-19 Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internships at UK Libraries should submit a resume, cover letter and recommendation by May 25. Instructions and the recommendation form for the internships can be found online at: http://libguides.uky.edu/peertutor/apply.
Applications for the 2018-19 Undergraduate Peer Tutor Internships can be mailed to:
William T. Young Library
University of Kentucky
500 South Limestone
Lexington, KY 40506-0456
Applications may also be submitted by fax to 859-257-0505 (Attn: Debbie Sharp) or emailed to Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the premier research library in the Commonwealth, UK Libraries provides ever-expanding access to quality information resources, services and programs. UK Libraries locations include the William T. Young Library, the Agricultural Information Center, the Hunter M. Adams College of Design Library, the Education Library, the John A. Morris Library (Gluck Equine Research Center), the Kentucky Transportation Center Library, the Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library and Learning Center, the Medical Center Library, the Science and Engineering Library and the Special Collections Research Center.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue