LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 15, 2021) — Fall Break is just around the corner. Make the most of your mini-vacation with these six ideas.
- Check your grades on MyUK. Once you have a better understanding of where you stand, you can make a plan to move forward in the right direction.
- Plan your classes for next semester. The course catalog is available for you to start mapping out your course load to get ahead for the spring.
- Take advantage of the tutoring resources available to you.
- Check out BBNvolved to keep yourself occupied with fun events taking place on campus and virtually.
- Head to one of our two Campus Recreation and Wellness facilities for a workout class.
- Get your flu shot and COVID-19 booster. Both are now available on campus to those who are eligible.
The University of Kentucky is increasingly the first choice for students, faculty and staff to pursue their passions and their professional goals. In the last two years, Forbes has named UK among the best employers for diversity, and INSIGHT into Diversity recognized us as a Diversity Champion four years running. UK is ranked among the top 30 campuses in the nation for LGBTQ* inclusion and safety. UK has been judged a “Great College to Work for" three years in a row, and UK is among only 22 universities in the country on Forbes' list of "America's Best Employers." We are ranked among the top 10 percent of public institutions for research expenditures — a tangible symbol of our breadth and depth as a university focused on discovery that changes lives and communities. And our patients know and appreciate the fact that UK HealthCare has been named the state’s top hospital for five straight years. Accolades and honors are great. But they are more important for what they represent: the idea that creating a community of belonging and commitment to excellence is how we honor our mission to be not simply the University of Kentucky, but the University for Kentucky.